There are numerous ways to cook eggs, and so too with blogging.
BLOG, definition: A website based log found on the internet.
Example: This is a blog.
Blog is a modern colloquial term which saves us a tongue-twisting mouthful.
It is an informal way of writing on-line, usually carried out by individuals, and is similar to an on-line diary. People who participate in adventure travel usually make postings to their blog sites for others to monitor their progress on a daily basis. The images and data of their blogs can stay on-line to display to friends / or public to enjoy at a later date.
Let's cut the yap, and get to the point...
1. First, go to your browser's search engine and type in something like this:
how to start a blog
2. If you have time, READ and research your requirements.
3. If time is short, try this site:
4. It seems that WORDPRESS is the name of the game for those willing to pay a little extra, especially in the commercial field.
5. FREE blog sites are available, which might suit individuals on a budget, but read what Mike Wallagher (point 3.) has to say about those.
6. For your information, type in: top 10 best website builders, into your browser for a current up to date list of ratings.
7. If you are already paying for a website through the likes of WEEBLY, WIX, GO DADDY, WEB or another, most will have a blog option somewhere. Be bold and search around the tabs to find it. Alternatively, google: how to blog on Weebly, (or whatever your provider's name is). Sometimes doing this is faster than contacting the provider for help! Remember: *Self-help is the way to go where possible.
8. Once you have that all figured out, you will be ready to start typing your blog and posting your images. *Avoid plagiarism by ensuring all images and written content you display are yours alone.
9. NOTE: Go to your 'settings' options tabs and make sure that you have the exact settings you want for your blog. You are the policeman for your own blog, and you do it through settings or options. Your provider should prompt you towards this tab. If you set the settings wrong, you should be able to alter them later.
10. TIPS: For those who do not write through WORDPRESS, you might encounter problems copying and pasting MS Word documents into your blog. Suggestions to overcome this issue:
* Get Wordpress! :) Or...
* Copy and paste script from Notepad (this rids the text of incompatible formatting).
* Open a new Word document, copy your text into it (do not save it) then copy and paste from the unsaved Word document into your blog.
*Type directly into the blog dialogue box.
1. Your blog needs a theme. What is it that you wish to write about? It's best to write about something which you know well and enjoy, that way your readers will feel your positive energy.
2. Make your writing concise, get to the point and chop out unnecessary words.
3. Choose engaging images and colours to attract reader interest.
4. Avoid exhausting your readers: Do not blog too often. Decide on the frequency, perhaps once a week? You decide.
5. Share it on FB or Twitter.
6. Be prepared to interact with your followers. Why should they read what you have to say if you are not prepared to acknowledge them?
7. Have fun!